Healthy screen time
Screen time refers to the time you spend looking at any type of screens: your TV, your laptop, your tablet, your smartphone, ... and even the screens of your home automation system. Did you know, people spend about 26 years of their lives on screens? Impressive, isn’t it?
Too much screen time can lead to eye fatigue and over-consumption or even addiction. The results are lack of sleep, not spending enough time on other activities and less interest in other offline events.
The more fun and interesting the content of our screens, the more often we tend to go back to them.
Would you like to limit your screen time? How about this:
- check if your device allows you to limit your screen time in its settings and if so, do give it a try,
- think about the use of your notifications – you really need them all?
- remove all screens from your bedroom,
- in restaurants, concert halls and public places, do not watch any screen,
- remove all apps that are not important,
- ask yourself what you are looking for, before using an app,
- try to set the example, especially for children.
Children grow up with all kinds of screens nowadays. That is why adults need to set a good example and teach them how to use screens correctly.