Mobistar is the only operator in Belgium to offer you fixed telephony as well as GSM, GPRS, EDGE, UMTS and HSPA. Coverage and quality are guaranteed. That is because you are communicating over a high-quality fibre optic network over 2700 km long, connecting telephone exchanges throughout the country.
Discover the world of benefits that is concealed behind your fixed telephone connection:
- Permanent availability (over 99.99%).
- Greater capacity due to greater bandwidth thanks to DWDM (Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing).
- Guaranteed continuity, even when there are faults on the cable. The connection between the exchanges works using SDH technology (Synchronous Digital Hierarchy).
- Little or no interference or overload. Each telephone exchange is always connected to at least two other exchanges.
- Direct and reliable connection between your company and Mobistar through MANs (Metropolitan Area Networks) in Antwerp, Brussels, Charleroi, Ghent, Hasselt, Kortrijk, Leuven, LiÃ¨ge, Mechelen and Namur.
Making fixed international calls
If you use Mobistar to make fixed calls, then you can enjoy the same certainty and benefits for your international calls. This is guaranteed by our cross-border cooperation with well-known operators.
- VYou can reach approximately 250 European cities immediately through direct access to the European Backbone Network (the European network of France Telecom).
- You call to other destinations via our connections to a large number of operators.
The European network of France Telecom: