Most recent news
In 2011, the number of complaints about Mobistar filed with the mediation service for telecommunications went up by 15%. But these figures do not reflect the current situation: since then, Mobistar has taken several initiatives to improve the customer experience.
The mediation service for telecommunications just published its annual report for the year 2011. Unfortunately, the number of complaints regarding Mobistar went up by 15% between 2010 and 2011. But it is important to note that this report mostly reflects the fact that 2011 was a transition year for Mobistar. Last year, some problems were indeed identified, but above all, solutions were found. Today, these solutions are bearing fruit, and the current trend indicates a drop in terms of complaints.
What were the measures taken?
- In the context of the “Happy Customer” program, Mobistar invested heavily to improve customer service: 150 persons have been recruited, a simpler and more efficient telephone menu was implemented, and a “webcare” team was created to answer our customers’ questions on social networks.
- Waiting times were drastically reduced: more than 90% of the letters addressed to Mobistar are answered within 5 days, almost 80% of the calls are answered within 20 seconds. For 100% of the calls with more than 2.5 minutes of waiting time, the “call back” option is proposed. Moreover, all verbal agreements given by phone are followed by a written confirmation sent to the customer.
- Complaint handling concerning “Premium SMS” was reconsidered: Mobistar is now stricter towards the suppliers of these services, and more flexible with customers who are victim of these suppliers.
- Even if Mobistar has greatly improved its customer service, it still happens that some customers contact the mediator to solve their problem. Mobistar has also taken measures to improve this process, because the average handling time for dossiers sent to Mobistar by the mediation service has decreased to 10 days. To address more problems internally rather than see them end up at the mediator, Mobistar has also created its own internal mediation team. Within a few days, it will be possible to contact this team via the Mobistar website.
- The launch of new mobile Mobistar subscriptions in April 2012 also represents a major step towards a customer relationship based on trust and transparency. With "Animal" tariffs (Squirrel, Kangaroo, Dolphin, Panther), Mobistar customers can now opt for a contract without commitment, and they also have greater control over their consumption, which protects them from unpleasant surprises (if the customer has chosen a subscription without surfing volume for example, his mobile Internet access is automatically blocked, and if he has chosen a subscription with surfing volume included, he’s alerted by text and blocked once he has reached the limit of surfing volume included in his subscription).